Magic Academy Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mental force Prediction

Go down

The Mental force Prediction Empty The Mental force Prediction

Post by KildridMagician Wed 13 Jun 2007, 6:57 pm

This is a simple trick I learned years ago; a nice little mentalism effect:

The Mental Force Prediction
Effect: The mentalist asks the spectator to think of any item, color, or name. The mentalist then hands the spectator a notepad. There are 5 lines & the magician asks the spectator to put the correct word on one of the lines followed by 4 wrong answers on the other. The mentalist has his back turned during this process & turns around when told that the spectator is done. The magician looks at the choices wrote down & narrrows the choices down. With 2 words left the magician can easily get the word correct. Every time!

Preperation: You will need a black sharpie & a red ball point pen. A bic pen works fine.

Secret: This could work out of real mentalism or probabilty of choices. I am making this as easy as it gets. Before actually going up to a spectator dab the tip of the sharpie on the tip of the read bic pen. This will leave a little ink from the sharpie on the pen. Close up the pen with the cap & ditch the sharpe - it's not needed anymore. Approach a spectator & have them think of anything, a word, number, letter, color, ect. With 5 lines already drawn with another pen or sharpie show a notepad to your spectator & flip to the corresponding page with the 5 lines on it. Have your spectator write there selected answer first on any line. With this being done you'll know what the selection is as there will be a smudge of black ink just as this is written; the others will not have a smudge and if they do it won't be darker than the selections - it will be light. The other words wrote will be wrong, no matter what. It's all down hill from here; make your patter & reveal the selection.

Keep in mind that I posted this on SOMF. I just moved it from there over to here.

It's that simple!

Enjoy,
Josh
KildridMagician
KildridMagician
Magic Academy Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 94
Favorite Magician : Dai Vernon
Magic Experience : 10 Years
Registration date : 2007-06-13

http://www.yourmagic.ipbfree.com